Last night we hosted the second “Functional Programming for the Web” meetup. We had quite a meaty line up - with Elm, Haskell AND Clojurescript all on the lineup.
Kris Jenkins kicked things off with an Elm joke and set the tone for the rest of the evening really. It’s a relaxed event and a friendly group, everyone is very keen to help each other out and there are always some great discussions after the talks.
The lineup for the night went like this-
- LOTS of pulled pork burgers and quesadillas from Bodeans and some beers
- Using Elm for Real Work - Kris Jenkins
- Practical Haskell in the browser with Reflex and GHCJS - Christian Takle
- Clojurescript for Next Generation Webapps- Sonny To
- More pulled pork and beers.
A full recording of the event is up on our YouTube channel-
When we started talking about setting up this meetup we really wanted the talks to be practical and not just lots of theory; I think we’ve managed this nicely.
We may have a really amazing speaker visiting from overseas for the next meetup but that’s top secret at the moment, we’ll make an announcement as soon as we can.