We are happy to announce v1.1 of Birdsong is now available. This release is primarily about stability and performance. We've tried to address all known issues and done a ton of performance work which should mean the whole app is a bit faster and updates are far quicker.
Along with greater speed and stability v1.1 also brings:
- Runs under lock screen.
- Landscape mode is now supported throughout the application (bar a couple of places).
- Multi-lingual support: English (United States), English (United Kingdom), German, French, Spanish and Italian.
The following major issues should now be resolved:
- Tweeting certain special characters sometimes resulted in failure to send a tweet.
- Retweeting a mention resulted in message entities no longer being highlighted.
- Using Birdsong on some form of "guest wireless" which required sign-in via a web-form, caused an unexpected error.
- Unable to scroll beyond the first few favourites.
We have implemented a migration strategy so that v1.1 will make some changes in the background without effecting your current data or settings. The data store will now work very differently to provide you with enhanced performance.
With v1.1 we’re also changing how we deal with support issues and feedback. All support issues will now be serviced via our new support portal; which offers ticket management, user forums and feature requests all in one place. The support portal can be found at: http://support.red-badger.com
If you experience any problems or have any feedback we want to know about it – let us know via the support forums or you can email: email@example.com
If you do not already have Birdsong for Windows Phone 7 it is available in the Windows Phone Marketplace.