We’re excited to announce that we’re now a Disability Confident Committed employer. Accessibility and inclusion are really important to us, and in the future, we want to be sure that we are doing our best to support people living with disabilities in the workplace.
What motivated us?
- Having previously supported people in the company with disabilities we wanted to shout about the fact that we would be able to offer the same support to others going forward.
- Being inspired by incredible organisations like Better Considered
- Our partnerships with charities like You Make It and seeing the value of working with people who have a diverse set of life experiences
We believe that responsibility is on businesses to take action and support disabled people in employment. It’s also an incredible opportunity to source and retain talented, skilled and hardworking staff with invaluable experiences.
As with all issues of equality, the time for social justice is always right now and growth is limited unless accessible to all. It was with this in mind that we have sought to do our part in aiding equity for the disabled community.
Disability Confident Employers
“The Disability Confident scheme supports employers to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to your workplace. Through Disability Confident, thousands of employers are:
- challenging attitudes towards disability
- increasing understanding of disability
- removing barriers to disabled people and those with long-term health conditions
- ensuring that disabled people have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations”
When it came to looking at us becoming Disability Confident Committed employers, it was an easy choice to make. Diversity, inclusion, and accessibility are a priority for us and this scheme is a great way to communicate that we are dedicated to equal opportunities.
Our commitments are:
- inclusive and accessible recruitment & job advertisement
- offering an interview to disabled people
- providing reasonable adjustments
- To continue to support existing employees
The activities include:
- work experience/placements
- paid employment
We’re aware we have a long way to go and a lot to learn but look forward to continuing to find ways to champion equality. Get in touch to share your opinion and if you have any tips on how we can continue to do this.
We’re always looking for great people to join our team. If you would like to join us, take a look at our jobs page.